Joint Director Heads The Division.
Aims and Objectives of The Section:
The primary objective of the Finance (Budget) Department is to coordinate the work of formulation of Budget of the GNCT of Delhi and its presentation in the Legislative Assembly as per the provisions of the GNCT of Delhi Act, 1991. Following are the major components of work which are dealt in the Finance (Budget) :
- Preparation of Budget, including printing of DDG & other related Budget Documents and passing of Appropriation Bill, co-ordination and processing of Legislative and Administrative matters related to Budget.
- Processing proposals for Re-appropriation
- Conveying the Authorisation to Department on receipt of funds for Centrally Sponsored Schemes and Central Sector Schemes.
- Monitoring of Expenditure and Receipts of GNCT of Delhi
- Economy Measures
- Pension, Provident Fund and issues related to Public Accounts
- Refund of Revenue
- Fixing of amount of imprest of different Departments
- Allocation of Budget for HBA, Computer Advance etc.